Tom Lohr has eaten a hot dog at all 30 MLB ballparks and is the author of "Gone to the Dogs: In Search of the Best Ballpark Hot Dog."
Who doesn't love Italian food? And what person didn't dig SpaghettiOs when they were a kid? Now you can satisfy that Italian craving and relive your childhood with the Hill dog. It gets its name from The Hill, a district in St. Louis with a strong Italian heritage. Yogi Berra grew up in The Hill, and we are certain he would approve of this awesome dog. It's quick, easy, and a crowd-pleaser.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6-8 hot dogs
- 1 package hot dog buns
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 1-2 cans SpagettiOs, with meatballs
- Heat up the SpaghettiOs. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- Once the hot dogs are thoroughly cooked, place in a bun and spoon in a generous portion of SpaghettiOs. Serve with lots of napkins.
Angel Guzman from Joliet, Illinois on October 09, 2017:
I'm deeply sad this place closed but Hot Dougs in Chicago was amazing! They had all sorts of interesting options and you make me think of them when you post hot dog articles, lol :( I'll eat this one but I prefer charred with grilled onion.