Tom Lohr has eaten a hot dog at all 30 MLB ballparks and is the author of "Gone to the Dogs: In Search of the Best Ballpark Hot Dog."
Who doesn't love Italian food? And what person didn't dig SpaghettiOs when they were a kid? Now you can satisfy that Italian craving and relive your childhood with the Hill dog. It gets its name from The Hill, a district in St. Louis with a strong Italian heritage. Yogi Berra grew up in The Hill, and we are certain he would approve of this awesome dog. It's quick, easy, and a crowd-pleaser.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6-8 hot dogs
- 1 package hot dog buns
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 1-2 cans SpagettiOs, with meatballs
- Heat up the SpaghettiOs. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- Once the hot dogs are thoroughly cooked, place in a bun and spoon in a generous portion of SpaghettiOs. Serve with lots of napkins.