Gourmet Hot Dog Recipe: The Politician
Some things never change in politics, namely the antics of our representatives in Washington. When they are not spewing a bunch of bull, they are playing pork barrel politics. Our hapless congress is the inspiration for this hot dog: bull (actually beef) and pork.
Use brands you trust and like, but we recommend Hebrew National all-beef franks. For most of the other stuff, we just use the store brand.
Make promises you don't intend to keep and practice pork barrel politics in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- all-beef hot dog, as many as you desire
- strip of bacon, one per hot dog
- boneless BBQ ribs, one small rack per hot dog
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- hot dog buns, large, one per hot dog
- Begin preparing the small rack of boneless BBQ ribs per instructions.
- In a skillet on medium heat, fry as many strips of bacon as the number of hot dogs you intend to prepare. Cook crispy or limp depending on personal preference. Once cooked, lay on plate for later use.
- In the same skillet, begin cooking the hot dogs, rolling as necessary to ensure even cooking.
- When hot dogs are cooked, lay one in each bun. Place the ribs alongside the frank in the bun. Place one strip of bacon along the other side.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||270|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 30 g||46%|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Protein 43 g||86%|
|Sodium 1017 mg||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|