Gourmet Hot Dog: The Sponge Bob
If you have never had seafood on a hot dog, you don't know what you are missing. Beef and just about any type of fish or crustacean go well together. This hot dog combines the beefy goodness of a Hebrew National all-beef frank and the soft, fishy taste of crab cakes. While named after a cartoon, this dog is meant for fine dining.
- 1 package hot dog buns
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 2 packages frozen crab cakes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 jar cocktail sauce
- 1 tin Old Bay seasoning
- Cook frozen crab cakes per instructions. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into wedges. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When hot dogs are fully cooked, lay a frank into each bun.
- Slice the crab cakes in half, lay two halves on one side of the bun.
- Lay tomato wedges on the other side of the bun.
- Spoon in a row of cocktail sauce down the middle of the bun.
- Sprinkle the hot dog with Old Bay.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||162|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 18 g||28%|
|Carbohydrates 54 g||18%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Protein 26 g||52%|
|Sodium 2142 mg||89%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|