Tom Lohr has eaten a hot dog at all 30 MLB ballparks and is the author of "Gone to the Dogs: In Search of the Best Ballpark Hot Dog."
If you have never had seafood on a hot dog, you don't know what you are missing. Beef and just about any type of fish or crustacean go well together. This hot dog combines the beefy goodness of a Hebrew National all-beef frank and the soft, fishy taste of crab cakes. While named after a cartoon, this dog is meant for fine dining.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6-8 hot dogs
- 1 package hot dog buns
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 2 packages frozen crab cakes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 jar cocktail sauce
- 1 tin Old Bay seasoning
- Cook frozen crab cakes per instructions. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes into wedges. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When hot dogs are fully cooked, lay a frank into each bun.
- Slice the crab cakes in half, lay two halves on one side of the bun.
- Lay tomato wedges on the other side of the bun.
- Spoon in a row of cocktail sauce down the middle of the bun.
- Sprinkle the hot dog with Old Bay.
Tom Lohr (author) from Magdalena, NM on October 09, 2017:
Carole on October 09, 2017:
Do you ever get indigestion?