I love to cook, try new recipes, and share them! When healthy ingredients meet complementary spices, magic happens in the kitchen.
Simple, Grilled Salmon
After you try this salmon, this is the only way you'll ever want to grill it! The brown sugar and mustard make the perfect sweet and savory flavor, especially after they marinate with the smokiness from the cedar planks. The flavor is awesome, and the smell is even better. The recipe is so simple with just a few ingredients, and the best part is that everyone in my family loves it.
Note: To make this recipe, you'll need one to two cedar planks for the grill.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 pounds salmon filet, cut into individual portion sizes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Soak cedar planks in water for 1-2 hours before using. I like to put them in a baking sheet with water and place a soup can on top of them to keep them fully submerged.
- Prepare your grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350-450 degrees F).
- Cut the salmon filet crosswise into 4 or 5 equal pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar and mustard together until they form a paste. Spread the paste over each salmon filet. (No need to cover the skin side, leave the filet skin-side down).
- Take the soaked cedar plank and put over direct medium heat on the grill. After 5-10 minutes, when the plank begins to smoke, turn it over.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, in a row on the plank, leaving a little room between each piece of fish.
- Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. Depending on the thickness of the salmon, it should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the planks and salmon from the grill and enjoy!
What Do You Think?
© 2020 Lisa Bean
Miebakagh Fiberesima from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, NIGERIA. on June 18, 2020:
Pamela, Lisa has created a "fantastic" snack to us. Isn't it? I dare to eat it for launch or supper likewise, especially breakfast. Heavens bless her soul.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on June 18, 2020:
This recipe sounds fantastic and it looks wonderful as well. I have never grilled anything on wood planks but it is perfect for the salmon. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Lisa.
Miebakagh Fiberesima from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, NIGERIA. on June 17, 2020:
Lisa, fish is my favorite protein. I would like to wash down this grilled salmon with a cup of tea. The recipe is real great with fruits and veggies, reminding me of somthing like the Meditterean diet. Thanks for sharing.