Rachel loves simple recipes, especially when the results are delicious and loved by the whole family. This recipe fits the bill.
Perfect Summer Dinner
Planning a dinner on a hot and humid summer evening can be difficult—unless you just want hamburgers and hot dogs every night. Which isn't bad, but sometimes you need something different and healthier.
This recipe is by Giada DeLaurentis from the Food Network. It looked so delicious when she made it that I had to try it.
Swordfish isn't a very popular fish, but when you try it you will certainly want to have it again. It has a different texture than most other types of fishe. It's not quite as flaky, and it's meatier—almost like a pork chop. Mixed with these ingredients, you will not want it any other way.
It's perfect for those hot and humid summer evenings and it's something you can make in a snap. Pair it with a side salad and dinner is ready in less than half an hour. Hope you try it and enjoy it!
Read More From Delishably
Choose Your Salad
I love salads with fresh fruit. This one has romaine lettuce, broken up into pieces, a very thinly sliced Vidalia onion, and cubed seedless watermelon. It's a very simple salad but oh so good. I enjoyed mine with a sweet poppyseed dressing while my husband had his with a lite Caesar dressing.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 swordfish steaks
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix everything except the fish. Baste the fish and grill the steaks. You could use your grill outside, but I used my grill pan on the stove. If you use the grill outside, put aluminum foil on the grill and place the fish on it.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the cooked fish to a serving dish and pour some of the oil and seasoning mixture on top.
© 2021 Rachel L Alba