Rebecca loves sharing what she knows about alternative medicine, health, frugal living, fun, animals, and how to live a better life!
Hibachi Chicken & Fried Rice
I've always loved going to Japanese hibachi restaurants, but it can be super expensive, especially for a large family. Usually, those outings are reserved for special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries.
Well, we finally found a way to mimic a decent hibachi meal at home. Sure, you don't have the sake or the sushi, but it's pretty tasty anyhow. It also feeds four to six people.
For this recipe, I use an air fryer and an Instant Pot. You can make this recipe on the stove, but I'm just lazy and that takes a lot longer. I'm crazy about my Instant Pots and air fryer. Anything that keeps me away from my oven or stove top makes me happy. Plus you can just about set these appliances and let them do all the work, depending on the recipe.
You can easily alter this recipe with your choice of meat, meat substitute, or you can even make it vegetarian. I always make two batches because I don't eat meat. Also, you can use any rice you like. We use basmati because it tends to have the most nutrients.
- 2 chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetables, your choice/optional
- 1-2 tablespoons hibachi seasoning (I use Simply Asia Sweet & Smoky Hibachi)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, optional
Simply Asia Sweet & Smoky Hibachi Spice
- Cook your basmati rice in the Instant Pot as directed. The ratio is usually 1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water. Do a quick release on the rice when it is done.
- Air-fry your frozen chicken in the air fryer as the rice is cooking. (No air fryer? Cook chicken in a frying pan until done, usually 10 minutes per side.) You can season with the hibachi seasonings when cooking this if you wish, or you can add it to the rice later.
- If you are adding vegetables, steam or cook them now. We just use cheap frozen bags of whatever vegetables we want or have on hand.
- When the rice is done, remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the vegetable oil. Allow that to come to temperature.
- Crack the eggs into the Instant Pot and scramble. Once scrambled, add your diced onion, let that sauté a bit.
- Chop your chicken into bite-size pieces, then add this and the rice to the Instant Pot. Combine well, then add your vegetables, too. Combine until well heated.
- Serve and enjoy. Add soy sauce if desired.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
© 2019 Rebecca