How to Cook a Hawaiian Aloha Burger
The aloha burger, also known as a Hawaiian burger, is famous all over the world. What makes this burger special is the addition of sliced pineapple, which offers extra juiciness to the burger. The combination of the savory meat and the sweet pineapple produces a unique culinary experience. Often served with teriyaki sauce, this burger is also complemented by ketchup or mayonnaise. Try this simple Aloha burger recipe at home.
- 1 burger bun
- 1 slice pineapple
- 1 burger patty
- pickled cucumber, sliced
- tomato, sliced
- cooking oil
- French fries (optional side dish)
- 1 large plate
- chopping board
- grill pan
- fry pan
- Clean and slice all of the vegetables. Set aside.
- Cook burger patty according to instructions. Set aside.
- Deep-fry French fries until slightly golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- Toast buns with butter.
- Re-fry French fries until golden brown or crispy. Remove from the heat. Season with salt.
- Assemble the burger. Spread some mayonnaise and ketchup on the bottom half of the bun.
- Arrange the lettuce, pickled cucumber, tomato, burger patty and sliced pineapple. Finally, top with the other half of the bun.
- Transfer the burger to a plate with French fries on the side.
- Serve with your favorite drink, French fries, and condiments.
Tips and Techniques
- Toast the inner part of the buns to avoid sogginess.
- Maintain the outer part of the bun untoasted for softer outside texture.
- Grill the sliced pineapple to produce a char flavor.
- Double-fry the French fries for a crunchier texture.
- Add other vegetables such as onion, if desired.
More Juicy Burger Recipes
- How to Make a Hawaiian Burger in a Blanket
Enjoy the sweet taste of a Hawaiian burger wrapped in a blanket for your morning or afternoon snack! Try this recipe at home, and enjoy the juicy, meaty, and sweet fillings.
- How to Cook Ramly Burger: A Malaysian-Inspired Burger
Do you love to eat burgers? In this recipe, let me show you a simple version of a famous Ramly burger, a must try food in Malaysia.
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Travel Chef