I'm married to a picky eater, which makes cooking a challenge. I adjust recipes so we both can enjoy them, without too much compromise.
Cook a Scrumptious Whole Seasoned Chicken in a Flash!
Take the guesswork out of perfecting an oven-roasted chicken that comes out dry, undercooked, overcooked—or simply takes too long. The Instant Pot is the perfect solution for a fast and juicy whole chicken in under an hour. The possibilities are endless with seasonings, too!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the rub:
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked or regular
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Read More From Delishably
For the chicken:
- 1 whole chicken, fresh or frozen, giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 cup organic chicken bone broth
- Remove the giblets from the chicken. Rinse the bird and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully peel back the skin, but don’t remove it.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients in a bowl and coat the chicken with the seasoning rub on all sides, including the legs and wings.
- Add the butter to the bottom of the pot.
- Lightly brown the chicken for 2–3 minutes on each side using the “sauté” mode.
- Remove the chicken and add the trivet.
- Add the organic chicken bone broth to the bottom of the pot.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Cook on “manual pressure” for 6 minutes per pound if thawed (10 minutes per pound if frozen).
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes, or very carefully manually release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and carve (the meat will fall off the bones).
- Spoon remaining juice over the bird and serve with your favorite steamed vegetable.
Another Chicken Recipe Your Family Will Love
- This Is Not Your Mama's Boring Vegetable Chicken Soup
When I started cooking for my husband and me, it was a struggle to find recipes that we both enjoyed. We need to eat more vegetables, which is not a problem for me, but my husband hates just about every vegetable in existence!
© 2019 Debra Roberts