Sam likes sharing traditional recipes that some people may find unfamiliar. But rest assured—the results are delicious!
Cooking Wild Rabbit
Cooking wild rabbit can be a challenge. Any animal that lives in the wild and feeds directly from nature will have meat that is lean and tough. Using the proper technique is key to getting a tender and tasty meal.
This recipe will teach you how to cook wild rabbit in order to achieve the juiciness and tenderness you are looking for. Perfectly cooked rabbit can compete in tenderness even with chicken meat.
For the best possible outcome, I recommend that you follow this recipe very carefully. Bon appétit!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 hours 30 min
Read More From Delishably
- 1 to 1.5 kg wild rabbit meat
- 4 to 5 onions, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 glass red wine or any type of beer
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- salt plus any other spices of your choice
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of dry oregano
- To a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and meat. Fry for a few minutes. Add the chopped onions and stir gently.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Lower the heat and keep stirring.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, add the glass of wine (or beer), whole peppercorns, bay leaf, salt, and any other spices you like. Add enough water to cover the meat completely.
- Cover the saucepan and let the meat boil for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add dry oregano and keep boiling for 20 more minutes.
- The dish is ready when the meat separates from the bones. Without using wine (or beer) it will take at least 3 hours to cook the rabbit and you will need to add more water from time to time. Generally, the tenderness and softness are achieved when you are using beer, wine, or vinegar (I prefer beer).
I like to serve wild rabbit with boiled rice, mashed potatoes, or salad.
- Beef Brain Recipe - How to cook Beef Brain
Beef brain is delicious and exquisite dish. Many people around the world are cooking beef brain by using different techniques. This recipe is probably
- Criadillas Recipe - Bull Fries
The recipe is interesting and easy to execute. The taste of this dish will make you include it into your favorite food list. Cook Bull fries using the simple recipe below.