How to Make A&W Root-Beer Chicken Wings
My favorite soda paired with my favorite food? I decided to come up with a great recipe to satisfy my root beer and chicken cravings. And voilà, A&W chicken wings were born. Here's how to make your own, as easy as 1, 2, 3. Enjoy!
- 5 pieces chicken
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlilic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water, (for cooking)
- 3/4 cups A&W root beer, (for cooking)
For Marinating the Chicken:
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
- 1 Plate
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Preparing the Rootbeer Mixture:
- 2 Medium Bowls
- Measuring Cups
For Cooking the Dish:
- Non-stick pan
- Cooking Spoon
- Mix fish sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, oyster sauce and white pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken. Keep it inside the fridge to marinade it for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the pan. Add a little bit of oil to avoid the chicken from sticking.
- Pour in water and A&W root beer. Cook it over a medium-high heat. Allow it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low after boiling. Allow it to simmer.
- Stir it from time to time to coat the chicken perfectly.
- Best served with rice.
Tips and Techniques
- Make a small slit at the back of the chicken wings to allow the root beer mix to penetrate the mix.
- Reduce the heat after boiling to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Stir constantly after boiling to evenly coat the chicken.
- Cook chicken thoroughly. Undercooked chicken may cause salmonella.
More Chicken Snacks
- How to Make Fried Chicken Gizzards With Garlic Butter
Have you tried chicken gizzards? When I was growing up, this was one of my favorite snacks. Here is my easy-to-follow recipe for fried chicken gizzards with garlic butter.
- How to Make Chicken Lollipops Out of Chicken Wings
How do you make chicken lollipops? I make mine with either the wingettes or drumettes of chicken wings. I'll show you my step-by-step procedure for making this delicious finger food.
© 2018 Travel Chef