My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
Pigs in a blanket are baked hotdog sandwiches loved by people of all ages. You'll enjoy every bite. Enjoy these crusty, cheesy footlong pigs in a blanket with ketchup and mustard on the side.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices cheese, any kind
- 4 pieces footlong hotdogs
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 5 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Baking the Dish:
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Mat
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients while continuously mixing everything.
- Knead the dough until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes. Cover it with a damp kitchen cloth.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Flatten each portion to 4 inches wide and 11 inches in length using hands or rolling pin.
- Line one footlong and 4 slices of cheese into the flattened dough. Roll the dough to seal.
- Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Brush the top of the bread with melted butter.
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the cooking time because the internal temperature of ovens may vary.
- As an alternative for butter, brush beaten egg white with water on the of each bread before baking.
- Choose any kind of cheese you want.
- Serve it with any condiments you prefer.
- Rotate the baking sheet after 8 minutes to evenly cook all pieces. This is done because some parts of the oven produce more heat than the other parts.
Another "Blanket" Recipe
- How to Make a Hawaiian Burger in a Blanket
Enjoy the sweet taste of a Hawaiian burger wrapped in a blanket for your morning or afternoon snack! Try this recipe at home, and enjoy the juicy, meaty, and sweet fillings.
© 2018 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 11, 2018:
Yes. This is a pigs in a blanket with a twist! But of course I do love the UK version of it.
Liz Westwood from UK on August 10, 2018:
This is a different take on pigs in blankets for me. In the UK pigs in blankets are small sausages wrapped in bacon, traditionally served at Christmas with roast Turkey.
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 10, 2018:
Yes! Everybody will love this for sure! Personally, I loved the bread. It was so crusty!
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on August 10, 2018:
Thiis sounds like something good that my husband wound like. Thanks for the recipe.