How to Make Cheesy Footlong Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a blanket are baked hotdog sandwiches loved by people of all ages. You'll enjoy every bite. Enjoy these crusty, cheesy footlong pigs in a blanket with ketchup and mustard on the side.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices cheese, any kind
- 4 pieces footlong hotdogs
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 5 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Baking the Dish:
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Mat
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients while continuously mixing everything.
- Knead the dough until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes. Cover it with a damp kitchen cloth.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Flatten each portion to 4 inches wide and 11 inches length using hands or rolling pin.
- Line one footlong and 4 slices of cheese into the flattened dough. Roll the dough to seal.
- Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Brush the top of the bread with melted butter.
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the cooking time because the internal temperature of ovens may vary.
- As an alternative for butter, brush beaten egg white with water on the of each bread before baking.
- Choose any kind of cheese you want.
- Serve it with any condiments you prefer.
- Rotate the baking sheet after 8 minutes to evenly cook all pieces. As some parts of the oven produce more heat than the other parts.
Another "Blanket" Recipe
- How to Make a Hawaiian Burger in a Blanket
Enjoy the sweet taste of a Hawaiian burger wrapped in a blanket for your morning or afternoon snack! Try this recipe at home, and enjoy the juicy, meaty, and sweet fillings.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef