How to Make Duck and Vegetable Stir-Fry With Kecap Manis
Stir-fry is a common Chinese cooking technique wherein meats and vegetables are cooked over high heat for a minimum length of time. In this recipe, I use this technique to create a wonderful dish of duck, vegetables, and kecap manis (an Indonesian sweet soy sauce). I like to think of this dish as both Chinese, because of the cooking technique, and Indonesian, because I use my homemade kecap manis for flavor. Enjoy this stir-fry dish with either noodles or rice.
- 1 cup duck meat, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup wild mushrooms, cooked
- 1/8 cup homemade kecap manis
- 1/8 cup peanut, chopped
- 1 small piece carrots, julliened
- 1/2 piece cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 piece onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil, for sauteeing
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 medium bowl
- 2 small bowl
- Measuring cups
For Cooking the Dish:
- Slotted spatula
Cook Time and Yield
- Oil a pan. Saute garlic and onion.
- Add duck meat and wild mushroom.
- Toss in carrots and cabbage. Add homemade kecap manis.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it with rice.
Tips and Techniques
- Cook duck meat and wild mushrooms ahead of time. For any excess, store it inside the refrigerator for future use.
- Stir-fry all the ingredients as quickly as possible to avoid vegetables from overcooking.
- Serve it as toppings for noodles or rice.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef