How to Make Korean-Inspired Spicy Chicken
Last night, I made Korean-inspired spicy chicken for dinner. I have been thinking of this dish since I made it for my husband's birthday last year. The dish is one of our favorite foods. For those who are looking for something new to cook for your family, I think this dish is perfect. It's easy, quick, and tasty. By the way, I'm using Korean chili paste to get the authentic spicy flavor. My husband and I love spicy food. If you are wondering where to get the chili paste, head over to your nearest Asian store; I bet they have it. You won't believe how easy it is to make this Korean-inspired spicy chicken. Let's see what are the ingredients we needed.
- Chicken parts (wings, drumsticks, breast)
- An onion (chopped)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 inches of ginger (chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons Korean chili paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, shallots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili paste, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Stir and mix everything together. The marinade should be thick.
- Throw in the chicken parts into the sauce. Let the chicken soak.
- Cover with the cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Grill the chicken parts 6 minutes each side or until it's cooked.
- Serve with your favorite salad or rice.
Hot Pepper Paste
My husband and I love this Korean hot pepper paste very much. We use ultimately for the Korean-inspired spicy chicken recipe for the authentic taste.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Liza