How to Make a Sweet Chicken Macaroni Salad
My Recipe of Sweet Chicken Macaroni Salad
Allow me to share my own version of sweet chicken macaroni salad using my homemade mayonnaise for the dressing. You can add an interesting twist to this dish, like adding grated cheese or minced onions. The cheese provides a salty taste, while the onion will give the dish a pungent taste. Since I'm allergic to onions, I only added the cheese to my serving. This salad is best to serve when chilled.
Ingredients for the Salad
- 2 pieces Apple
- 2 small pieces Carrtos, chopped
- 2 pieces Chicken Breast, cooked
- 250 grams Pineapple Tidbits
- 250 grams Macaroni, cooked
- 100 grams Raisins
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Cheese, grated or cubed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Chicken
- 250 grams Chicken Breast
- Carrots, sliced
- Celery, sliced
- Onion, sliced
For the Salad:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Prep Bowls (for the ingredients)
- Measuring Cup
- Spatula or Serving Spoon
For the Chicken:
- Small Pot
For the Pasta:
- Large Pot
- Bring water to boil and add the pasta as per packet suggestion. Drain the pasta and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook chicken in a boiling water together with carrots, celery, onion and peppercorns. Allow the chicken to cool down before shredding it. Then, set aside.
- Peel apple and carrots. Cut the carrots into small pieces and cut the apples into chunks. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients (apple, carrots, chicken, pasta, pineapple, raisins, and mayonnaise) together in a large bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Tips and Techniques in Cooking Pasta
- Let the water boil before adding the pasta. This will allow the pasta to cook fast.
- Add a generous amount of salt into the boiling water to give taste to your pasta.
- Drizzle some oil to your pasta just after cooking to avoid it from sticking.
Tips and Techniques in Boiling a Chicken
- Carrots, celery, onion, and peppercorns give flavor and aroma to your boiled chicken. You can use the trimmings of these vegetables if any.
- Let the chicken cool down before shredding it. It makes easier for you to work on it.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken easily.
Ready Available Mayonnaise vs. Home-made Mayonnaise
You have an option to buy or to make your own mayonnaise. But, I will personally suggest making your own at home. If you're a health-conscious individual, home-made mayo allows you to choose what kind of oil to use. Moreover, home-made mayo is cheaper compared to the ones available in the market. To learn how to make one, check out my version of an easy to make home-made mayonnaise. Hope you'll enjoy it!
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan