I am a culinary graduate. I've always had a passion for food, and I love sharing that passion by showing some of my delicious recipes.
My Favorite Noodle-less Lasagna Recipe
Today, I am going to share one of my newest recipes. It is very simple to prepare, and it makes for a delicious and filling meal!
- Ground beef
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup of beer or any alcohol
- Gouda cheese
- 4 yellow plantains
- For the meat, take the salt and pepper, mince the garlic cloves, chop up the parsley, add the oregano, and rosemary, add the vinegar, and onion. Mix everything into the meat and let it set.
- Take a pan and heat it up with olive oil, once you see the pan smoking a bit, add the meat. Cook until just starting to brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and the beer to the meat, then add the bay leaves.
- Once you see the water reducing, add the tomato sauce and simmer until the meat is fully cooked.
- While the meat cooks, start peeling your plantains and put them to boil in a pot with some salt. Cook for about 11 minutes. When done, smash them with some butter (optional).
- Start shredding the cheese.
- Once you have your mise en place ready, start building up your lasagna. Take the smashed plantains and use that as your base, then add the meat and cheese. Layer and repeat! It's just like building a lasagna except with a more delicious twist!
- Bake at 375˚F for 10 minutes or broil for closer to 2 minutes, whatever it takes to melt the cheese on top.
- Plate up and enjoy!
© 2017 Cristal Canario