L.M.Reid creates delicious recipes and gives step-by-step instructions with photos so you can learn how to make them at home.
Perfect Ground Beef Mince Burger Patties
In this recipe, I will show you how to make the perfect burger patties with ground beef mince. I will also explain how to make the patties so that don't fall apart when you cook them.
I have included step-by-step instructions, my own photos, and video so you can learn how to make burger patties with ground beef at home.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes (approximately)
- Cooking time: 15 minutes from frozen
- Makes 8 to 10 burgers, depending on size
- 1 pound mince ground steak
- 3 large onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- White flour
- Cut up the onions into fairly small pieces.
- Remove the minced ground steak from the packaging.
- Add a third of the onions to a dish.
- Add a third of the mince ground steak on top of these onions.
- Squeeze in a small amount of tomato puree.
- Repeat this process two more times.
- Once all the meat and onions are in the bowl mix in well with a wooden spoon.
- Make a hole in the mince and onion mixture and add a raw egg.
- Mix in well. This will bind the ingredients together.
- Put some flour on a large plate
- Put some milk on another large plate.
- Remove the beef burger mixture by taking a small amount out at a time and kneading into a ball with your hands.
The size depends on how you like your hamburgers, whether small or large.
- Place this ball of meat onto the plate with the milk and roll around until it is suitably moist.
- Then place the wet ball onto the plate with the flour and flatten to the size of burger you want.
- Pick up the loose flour and cover the top of the burger.
- Turn it over and do the same.
- Carefully pick up the burger and roll on the flour with the sides.
- Place the finished beef burger on to a separate large plate.
- Repeat this process for all the meat in the bowl.
Freezing the Burgers
- Place each burger in a separate freezer or sandwich bag and flatten a little.
- Place in the freezer.