How to Make the Best Homemade Burgers Recipe
How to Make Your Own Hamburger Patties
I show you how to make and cook the perfect beef burger with ground beef. This recipe explains how you can make hamburger patties that don't fall apart when you cook them. There are step by step instructions with videos and photos.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes approximately
- Cooking time: 15 minutes from frozen
- Makes 8 to 10 burgers depending on size
- A pound of mince ground steak
- Three large onions
- One large egg
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- White flour
- Cut up the onions into fairly small pieces.
- Remove the minced ground steak from the packaging.
- Add a third of the onions to a dish.
- Add a third of the mince ground steak on top of these onions.
- Squeeze in a small amount of tomato puree.
- Repeat this process two more times.
- Once all the meat and onions are in the bowl mix in well with a wooden spoon.
- Make a hole in the mince and onion mixture and add a raw egg.
- Mix in well. This will bind the ingredients together.
- Put some flour on a large plate
- Put some milk on another large plate.
- Remove the beef burger mixture by taking a small amount out at a time and kneading into a ball with your hands.
The size depends on how you like your hamburgers, whether small or large.
- Place this ball of meat onto the plate with the milk and roll around until it is suitably moist.
- Then place the wet ball onto the plate with the flour and flatten to the size of burger you want.
- Pick up the loose flour and cover the top of the burger.
- Turn it over and do the same.
- Carefully pick up the burger and roll on the flour with the sides.
- Place the finished beef burger on to a separate large plate.
- Repeat this process for all the meat in the bowl.
Freezing the Hamburgers
- Place each burger in a separate freezer or sandwich bag and flatten a little.
- Place in the freezer.