L.M.Reid creates delicious recipes and gives step-by-step instructions with her own photos so you can learn how to make each recipe at home.
How to Make Your Own Hamburger Patties
In this article, I show you how to make the perfect hamburgers with ground beef. I explain how to make patties that don't fall apart when you cook them.
I have also included step-by-step instructions, my own photos, and videos so you can learn how to make hamburger patties with ground beef at home.
Cook Time and Yield
- Preparation time: 20 minutes (approximately)
- Cooking time: 15 minutes from frozen
- Makes 8 to 10 burgers, depending on size
- 1 pound mince ground steak
- 3 large onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- White flour
- Cut up the onions into fairly small pieces.
- Remove the minced ground steak from the packaging.
- Add a third of the onions to a dish.
- Add a third of the mince ground steak on top of these onions.
- Squeeze in a small amount of tomato puree.
- Repeat this process two more times.
- Once all the meat and onions are in the bowl mix in well with a wooden spoon.
- Make a hole in the mince and onion mixture and add a raw egg.
- Mix in well. This will bind the ingredients together.
- Put some flour on a large plate
- Put some milk on another large plate.
- Remove the beef burger mixture by taking a small amount out at a time and kneading into a ball with your hands.
The size depends on how you like your hamburgers, whether small or large.
- Place this ball of meat onto the plate with the milk and roll around until it is suitably moist.
- Then place the wet ball onto the plate with the flour and flatten to the size of burger you want.
- Pick up the loose flour and cover the top of the burger.
- Turn it over and do the same.
- Carefully pick up the burger and roll on the flour with the sides.
- Place the finished beef burger on to a separate large plate.
- Repeat this process for all the meat in the bowl.
Freezing the Hamburgers
- Place each burger in a separate freezer or sandwich bag and flatten a little.
- Place in the freezer.
Hamburger Patties Recipe
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on March 07, 2012:
Hello Keri, so glad you tried out my homemade burgers. Yes they are far tastier than the ones you get in the shops.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment
Keri Summers from West of England on March 07, 2012:
I made these tonight, and froze lots too. Delicious! So much better than the bought variety. Thanks for the recipe.
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on February 06, 2012:
Thank you Brett for reading and taking the time to comment and share.
Yes there is nothing nicer than eating your own homemade dinners. It is great the kids can help with the preparations too because they can enjoy it and appreciate the meal better
Brett C from Asia on February 06, 2012:
These taste great, I've made similar before. It is also a good way for kids to get involved and to make their favorite snack a little healthier.
SOCIALLY SHARED and voted up.