How to Make the Best Hamburgers
My Quick and Easy Recipe for Hamburgers
Or beefburgers as they are called in different parts of the world.
Either way they are delicious!
Most of the dinners I eat are made by myself, I always prefer my own homemade recipes. Below I have step by step instructions with plenty of photos for my beefburgers.
To read my other budget friendly recipes click on the links at the end of this article.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes approximately
- Cooking time: 15 minutes from frozen
- Makes 8 to 10 burgers depending on size
- A pound of mince ground steak
- Three large onions
- One large egg
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- White flour
- Cut up the onions into fairly small pieces.
- Remove the minced ground steak from the packaging.
- Add a third of the onions to a dish.
- Add a third of the mince ground steak on top of these onions.
- Squeeze in a small amount of tomato puree.
- Repeat this process two more times.
- Once all the meat and onions are in the bowl mix in well with a wooden spoon.
- Make a hole in the mince and onion mixture and add a raw egg.
- Mix in well. This will bind the ingredients together.
- Put some flour on a large plate
- Put some milk on another large plate.
- Remove the beef burger mixture by taking a small amount out at a time and kneading into a ball with your hands.
The size depends on how you like your beef burgers, whether small or large.
- Place this ball of meat onto the plate with the milk and roll around until it is suitably moist.
- Then place the wet ball onto the plate with the flour and flatten to the size of burger you want.
- Pick up the loose flour and cover the top of the burger.
- Turn it over and do the same.
- Carefully pick up the burger and roll on the flour with the sides.
- Place the finished beef burger on to a separate large plate.
- Repeat this process for all the meat in the bowl.
Freezing the Hamburgers
- Place each burger in a separate freezer or sandwich bag and flatten a little.
- Place in the freezer.
Cooking Homemade Hamburgers
I prefer to use mince ground steak to make my own Hamburgers.
You can buy the mince ground beef; this is cheaper because it has more fat in it.
You now have fresh homemade beef burgers in the freezer ready to cook whenever you wish.
They can be put on the frying pan frozen and cooked slowly.
Or you can take them out a few hours before and cook a little bit faster.
I prefer my burgers very well done as you can see from the photo but it is up to you how long you fry them.
All Images are copyright of L.M.Reid unless otherwise stated
How To Make Hamburgers
How To Make a Big Mac
More by this Author
Best Scones Recipe. How To Make Scone Recipes with step by step instructions and photos.
Lamb Chops Recipe. How to cook Cauliflower Cheese.. Step by step instructions with photos
Egg Mayonnaise sandwiches recipe. How to Make an Egg Mayo Sandwich. Step by step instructions and photos.