Zucchini Meatloaf Recipe
Inside Out Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
How to Cook Zucchini
Zucchini can be grilled, fried, baked, stuffed, or barbecued with very few ingredients needed to enhance the flavor. This vegetable can grow to a meter long, but we usually eat it long before it grows to that length.
Zucchini can also be cut into slices sautéed in butter or chopped up to eat raw in a salad or on its own with a dip. It can be shredded and added to breads, muffins, and even omelets. Today's recipe is baking it into a pyrex bread pan similar to a meatloaf.
Ingredients for Zucchini Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup red peppers, small diced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, small diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, small diced
- 2 whole, eight-inch long zucchini, small diced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 splashes Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 table spoon ground ginger
- sprinkle salt/pepper, to your taste
- 250 ML red pasta sauce
Instructions for Zuchini Meatloaf
- Mix together the ground beef, ground pork, s/p, red pasta sauce, ginger, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl.
- When it is totally mixed, drop the mixture from bowl onto a sheet of wax paper and roll out flat. (See pic.)
- Add peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini to the top of the flattened meat mixture.
- Then holding one edge of the wax paper, slowly roll it up so the vegetable filling will be on the inside between layers of meat. This is a bit messy, but the taste is worth the mess.
- Roll this whole boat right into a greased Pyrex baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese (optional) and bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
How To Make Zucchini MeatloafClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Finished Version
The flavor of this dish is kicked up a notch by the prescence of ginger and teriyaki. It was hard to slice. It fell apart when I tried to serve it.
The thing I would do different next time would be to shred the zucchini and cut the peppers and mushrooms smaller. Then you would have a lovely looking slice with vegetables circling the slice.
There is never any waste, as I always eat my mistakes, and this zucchini-inside-out boat was delicious. Have a great day, and thanks for reading. Leave me a comment if you have some suggestions to iron the bugs out of this recipe.
Pyrex Easy Grab
Pyrex Loaf Dish
I always use a greased-up Pyrex loaf dish for all my meatloaves. They cook evenly and will slide out of the dish in one piece. The one featured here also has a lid to cover your dish and pop right into the fridge. This particular product is also great for making bread in if you want to make a leftover meatloaf sandwich. It doesn't get any better than this my friends.