My heart wants to help people break through the barriers that are holding them back from living the healthy, happy lives they were meant to.
A Hot, Steep Learning Curve
In my learning-how-to-cook journey, I'm still learning as I go. Honestly, I'm a horrible cook, but better than I was! So, here's what I learned when cooking this meal: don't cover your burger patties while they cook. You will actually make them VERY dry. I did not know this. I was pretty sure my husband and I were going to meet our demise while eating this very dry meal, via death by choking. At least we had extra rosemary mayo to counteract some of the dryness. I commend my husband (and really am actually just astonished) for surviving through so many of my cooking experiments.
Keto-Friendly Rosemary Mayo Lettuce-Wrapped Burger
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tomato ninja sliced
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Mix ground beef, salt, and pepper and shape into 4 patties.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for around 5 mins per side or until the centers are no longer pink.
- Stir together mayo, rosemary, and lemon juice and set to the side.
- Place cooked burger on lettuce leaf and smear magical mayo mixture on top of patty and tomato.
- 5 carrots blown-up into sticks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 salt
- 1/2 pepper
Side Dish Instructions
- Toss carrots, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, and let it stand for a few minutes until flavors blend.
© 2017 Nikki Poole