How to Make Garlic Apple Pork Chops in a Slow Cooker
How to Make Slow-Cooker Pork Chops With Garlic and Apples
Whenever I'm looking at the ingredients in my fridge (in this case, a jumbo pack of boneless pork chops) and feeling uninspired, I tend to turn to my slow cooker. Ever since my mother bought a new slow cooker and gifted me her old one, I've been using it all the time, experimenting with it, dumping whatever I can into it, and generally really enjoying the ease with which I can create hot, flavourful meals with so little effort.
This recipe is one of the easiest I've done so far when it comes to prep. You only have to slice two of the ingredients (the onion and mushrooms), but other than that, everything gets dumped in pretty much as-is.
So if you'd like to make simple, delicious, fall-apart pork chops oozing with flavours of garlic, apple, onion, and rosemary, read on! If you try this recipe or modify it for yourself, I would love to hear how it turned out!
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 3-6 whole cloves of garlic
- 6-12 boneless pork chops
- 4-6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- Slice your onion and line the slow cooker with the onion slices. This will help them caramelize beautifully and will also protect the pork from getting scorched.
- Place your pork chops over the onion, layering them if there is not enough room to lay them all flat.
- Add the garlic, interspersing the cloves evenly throughout the cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, interspersing them evenly over the pork chops.
- Season the mixture with pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and salt.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mixture.
- Spoon the apple sauce over the top, trying to get some on every pork chop.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to low. Cook it for 6-7 hours.
- Enjoy! The final product will be tender and juicy, so you may want to consider serving it in a bowl. Serve with simple, hearty sides like green beans and roast potatoes.