Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
The love I have for the sweet potato knows no bounds! Not only is it is filled with tons of goodies for your body, like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium, but it is also a wonderful gluten-free option. Studies have even linked it to weight loss! Of course, we can't forget the main reason, aside from the amazing health benefits, we love sweet potatoes: they taste amazing!
Make it and Rate it!
I am a self-proclaimed food addict. I love making simple, healthy, and easily accessible meals for everyone to make and enjoy! This recipe came about when one of my carvings hit. I was dying for something sweet and spicy, so naturally, sweet potato came to mind. Stuffing baked sweet potatoes, or even just regular baking potatoes if you don't have sweet potatoes on hand, is an easy week-night meal that is quick and can get rid of many left overs taking up space in your fridge. With this specific recipe, I baked the sweet potatoes in the oven, but you can easily throw them in your microwave, and in 10 minutes, you have a perfectly tender, cooked sweet potato. The possibilities are endless. This is just one of my many takes on what you can do with one little potato. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- Hot Sauce of your choosing (I prefer Franks Redhot)
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 Boneless Skin Less Chicken Breast, Cooked through and shreded
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Cooked through
- Blue Cheese (optional), Crumbles
- Green Onions (optional), Chopped
- Light Ranch (optional)
- Microwave: Take the sweet potato and prick with a fork all over the potato (this will allow steam to escape so your potato doesn't explode). Place in the microwave on a plate (they leak) for 8-10 minutes turning once. Repeat with second potato and set both aside to cool. Oven: Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick both potatoes with forks. Wrap in foil and place in over for 1 hour to 1 and a 1/2. Remove and let cool. *Make sure that there is a pan placed under sweet potatoes in the oven they leak fluid while baking.
- Place a pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Season both chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place chicken breast in pan and cook until the inside is no longer pink, or your meat thermometer say 165 degrees F. Take chicken breasts out of the pan, tent with foil, and lest rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken with forks (or you can chop chicken) and add ranch packet and hot sauce and fold together.
- *Optional: Prepare garnishes, if using. I used chopped green onions, blue cheese, and drizzled light ranch over everything.
- Prepare sweet potato by cutting down the middle with a knife and pinching open. Add as much buffalo chicken as you like and top with what ever garnishes you prefer!
Tips and Tricks
To make this even easier, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, pull it, and toss it in the ranch packet and hot sauce. You can even make pulled buffalo chicken in the crock pot before hand by throwing the chicken breast, hot sauce, and ranch packet in and letting it cook 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 on low.
1 cup chopped
Franks Red Hot