Leftover Chicken in Mushroom Gravy Sauce
I recently went out to fast food and had chicken, rice, salad, soup, spaghetti, a spring roll, and soda. I knew that I wouldn't be able to eat everything since it was a hearty meal. I decided to set aside the chicken so I could take it at home and keep it for my next meal. Saved food means saved money!
Let me teach you how I turned my leftover into a brand-new dish: chicken in mushroom sauce.
- 1 piece Chicken leftover, shredded
- 1 pack Gravy Mix
- 1/4 cup Button Mushroom, sliced
- Garlic, fried (optional)
- Oil, for cooking
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- Chopping Board
- 2 bowls (for the ingredients)
For Cooking the Dish:
- Basting Spoon
- Shred the leftover chicken and set aside.
- Slice button mushrooms and set aside.
- Dilute the gravy mix in water according to packaging instructions.
- Heat up the pan with oil. Saute the mushrooms first and then the chicken.
- Add the gravy mix and bring to boil. Remove from heat when finished.
- Serve it as a rice bowl. Sprinkle some fried garlic on top for a satisfying crunch.
More Chicken Recipes With Sauce
- How to Make Sweet Chili Popcorn Chicken
Check my sweet chili popcorn chicken recipe is inspired by KFC's popular snack. The combination of the sweetness and spiciness of the sauce will level up the flavor of this dish.
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Chicken, mushroom, and creamy sauce have always been my favorites since I was a kid, so I decided to make an easy-to-prepare dish that would help me relive the memories. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
© 2018 Travel Chef