Brittany Banks is a young woman who likes to experiment with food. She gets bored always eating the same meals.
You will need to have a deep ceramic cooking dish to cook this in. You need enough room for the tilapia to soak in the lemon juice. You have the option to marinate the tilapia for an hour or so, or you can quickly put it in the oven without marinating it. That is your choice. I personally like to cook quickly when I get home from a long day and eat right away. Therefore, I waste no time putting it in the oven. You also have the option to add different seasoning. I am only sharing what I like on my tilapia personally. This is a great quick and yummy dish to make for a dinner for two. If you are making for a bigger family, you would have to make double or triple the amount. You may also need a bigger ceramic dish.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves two people
- 4 tilapia
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pepper, grinded
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, (optional)
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Spray a non-stick spray into a deep ceramic baking dish.
- Rinse tilapia in cold water and place them into your baking dish.
- Slowly pour lemon juice all over the fish. (They don't have to be completely drowned in it.)
- Add a teaspoon of butter on each fish.
- Season with lemon pepper and garlic seasoning. (You can also add anything else you may like.)
- Cover dish with tin foil and place in oven.
- Set timer for 15 minutes and check it. Set the timer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Use an oven mitt to remove it from the oven carefully and let it cool off on a cooling rack.
When you wrap the tin foil completely, just wrap it enough to wrap it around the handles. You don't need to wrap it completely. After it's done in the oven, you want to carefully remove it to not spill the lemon juice. Caution, it will be hot.
I normally cook my tilapia in the frying pan to give it a crispier skin. I just decided to try it in the oven and it seemed way quicker to cook. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please use the rating scale at the bottom of this article and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
© 2018 Brittany Banks