Low-Carb Asian Tuna Burgers With Sriracha Mayo
This ended up turning into—dare I say—a jaw-droppingly delicious meal! For one, it is me we are talking about here, and let's face it: I don't have a great track record for turning out good meals. Secondly, it's tuna fish from a can. So, that also didn't set my expectations high from the get-go. When it came time to try it, I was impressed! This is without a doubt, one of the best tuna (from a can) dishes I have had.
This is a great quick meal to double up on and have as a grab-and-go dish in the fridge. It's low-carb and high in protein, which makes it ideal for a post-workout meal especially if you're looking to maintain or gain muscle and drop fat.
I stored the spicy sauce in a separate container, and this delish dish tasted just as great the next day.
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 4 Cans Tuna Fish, Drained
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1 Tbsp Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cucumber, Thinly Sliced
- 8 Bibb Lettuce Leaves
- Combine mayo, sriracha, and sesame oil and set aside in the fridge for later.
- Mix together the tuna, egg, almond flour, green onion, ginger, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Shape into four patties.
- Heat nonstick pan and oil over medium heat. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side or until sides are a golden brown.
- Use lettuce leaves as "buns" placing each patty on top. Spread spicy mayo on the patty and top with cucumbers.
- Wrap the lettuce around burgers and serve immediately.
Double up on the ingredients and easily turn it into meal-prep!
Let me know what you think and comment below!
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Nikki Poole