Mexican King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
Make this Mexican King Ranch Chicken!
Mexican King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe has been around a long time, it was a favorite for family gatherings, potlucks and just for the family. Mexican King Ranch Chicken is quick and easy to fix. It's chucked full with chicken and has tomatoes and green chilies to give it a little kick! Smothered with cheese, how could it get any better! Well it does get better, the next day it is still delicious, if you have any left! Side dishes that goes well is fresh garden salad and a chunk of Mexican Cornbread! Let's eat!
- 1-3 pound chicken, boiled or baked, de-boned, diced
- 1 dozen corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chilies
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8-ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet saute onion and bell pepper in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add diced chicken to the onion and bell pepper mixture.
- Add cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, tomatoes and green chilies, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and the black pepper.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and the black pepper.
- Line a greased 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish; layer one-third of corn tortillas pieces in the dish.
- Top with one-third of the chicken mixture.Top the chicken mixture with one-third of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layers twice.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
Use a pizza cutter to cut the tortillas, makes it so easy!
May substitute Rotel tomatoes and green chilies with 1(10 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted, plus 1 tablespoon chili powder.
You may freeze the casserole up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.
Metal Pizza Cutter: My Favorite
I Like To Bake My Chicken Instead Of Boil, More Flavor
- 3 pounds chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken inside and outside. Use a paper towel to pat dry.
- Place the chicken in a baking pan, rub inside and outside of chicken with olive oil. Mix together, salt, paprika, black pepper, and the cayenne pepper if using. Sprinkle inside and outside of the chicken.
- Place in the preheated 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes until the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Let cool 15 minutes and serve.
How Do You Like to Cook Your Chicken?
Please Rate My Recipe!
Recipes To Go With Mexican King Ranch Chicken Casserole!
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
- Lovers of Chocolate Recipes Galore
Lovers of chocolate, I have recipes galore to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth! Cookies, cakes, pies, and chocolate coated bacon! Yes I said bacon!
- Recipes for Mexican Theme Night Meals
Meals are getting a little boring at your house, try planning a Mexican Theme Night Meal. I have some great Mexican recipes for you to plan a meal.
- Let’s Party! The Best Appetizers And Snack Recipes!
Let’s party, with these addicting cheesy sausage, caramelized Vidalia onions, Guacamole and veggie pizza dips and snacks recipes!
© 2016 Margie Lynn