Char Milbrett is a creative writer and artist from Minnesota. She enjoys sharing recipes, crafts, hobbies, and games from her home state.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
2 hours 30 min
Serves two people for several days
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped from frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped from frozen
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced, from jar
- 4 eggs, mix with ground beef
- 2 packages meatloaf seasoning, add to bread mixture
- 4 pieces oatmeal bread, chopped
- 1 package garlic and cheese croutons, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup, put on top before baking
- 1 cup milk, add to beef and eggs
- Chop and saute the onions, peppers, garlic, and mushrooms in butter in a frying pan until browned on medium heat.
- Mix 4 eggs with the ground beef, then add the chopped-up bread, croutons, meatloaf-seasoning packs, and extra spices. Add the caramelized vegetables, and place them in your meatloaf pan. Bake at 375 until the meat thermometer says 160 degrees. Takes approximately 1 1/2 hours.
© 2017 Char Milbrett
Char Milbrett (author) from Minnesota on November 21, 2017:
It was tasty. Thanks for your comment, poetrymann6969!
poetryman6969 on November 21, 2017:
Looks tasty. Nice accompanying images.