To become a good cook, you must know which herbs and spices go together to create tasty dishes. Experiment and enjoy!
Ribs Are a Flavorful Finger Food
If you enjoy eating with your fingers, then ribs are a great choice. They are a warm, sticky, sweet, tangy, spicy, juicy kind of happiness between your teeth. Despite what you might think, you can make tasty ribs without a grill. Read on to learn how to make tasty ribs in your oven.
- 1 slab spare ribs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons red paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (optional, will make it spicy hot)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Wash and remove the skin/membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the ribs.
- Sprinkle all seasonings (except honey and sugar) on both sides.
- Lay ribs on a rack with a pan under it to catch the drippings. In the pan, add some water for moisture in the oven.
- Slow-cook the ribs for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn up the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add honey and pat the brown sugar on the meaty side. Drizzle your favorite bbq sauce on top.
- Bake for an additional 60 to 90 minutes.
Different Kinds of Ribs
|Type||Amount of Meat||Notes|
Has large bones with lots of meat
Require longer cooking time
Has the least amount of meat
Most flavorful and take a little longer to cook
Baby Back Ribs
Has lots of meat
A little more expensive
Read More From Delishably
- Bring it to room temperature: Before cooking, take the ribs out of the refrigerator for one hour until it comes to room temperature. This will help for a more even cooking.
- No aluminum foil: Don't wrap the ribs in aluminum foil. Doing this will cause the released juices to be trapped, and you will end up boiling the meat. Place the ribs on a rack instead.
© 2019 Ramona