This is a healthy, easy, and delicious one-pan recipe. Great for those busy days.
Low-Carb Chicken Dinner
I'm always looking for low-carb dinners that look appetizing and taste good. I found this one in the Food and Family magazine.
The original recipe was made on the grill, but I pan-roasted it instead and changed the dressing from sundried tomato vinaigrette to a roasted pepper dressing. Other than those two changes, it is the same recipe.
But that was in the summer and now it's fall, so you can change the vegetables to fall vegetables, like butternut squash, beets, carrots, cauliflower, or whatever vegetables you like. The only exception would be greens—these would need to be cooked separately because they are more delicate.
Read More From Delishably
So pick and choose your veggies according to what your family or you like, and your dinner is sure to be a hit.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
Serves 4 people
- 4 small chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, and halved
- 1/4 cup roasted pepper dressing
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh asparagus spears, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh green beans, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Heat oven to 375. Line a flat pan with non-stick foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the vegetables with the remaining dressing.
- Place chicken and vegetables on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes, then flip chicken and stir vegetables. Cook 15 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are roasted and tender.
© 2019 Rachel L Alba