Pineapple Glazed Chicken Wings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
Yields: serves 2 per 650 grams
- 650 grams packet Chicken Wings
- Canned Pineapples
- Soy sauce
- Pineaple Juice
- Red Capsicum
- Green Capsicum
- Yellow Capsicum
- Thaw out the chicken wings if they are frozen. If they are completely thawed out, proceed to step two.
- Cut up the wings at the joint between the drumlet and the wing.
- To make the marinade, mix dark and light soy sauce, pineapple juice, and crushed garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Poke the chicken with a fork and place in marinade, marinating in the fridge from 2 to 12 hours. The longer, the better!
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven, line oven baking tray with aluminum foil, and grease it up a bit. Place the chicken wings on the tray, and then put them into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes on each side.
- While your chicken is cooking, start on the vegetables. Pour some oil into a pan and heat it on low heat. Then add the onions, and cook them till they are translucent. Add the capsicums, and cover to soften them for around 2 minutes.
- To make the glaze in a sauce pan, pour in the cut pineapples and pineapple juice, and bring the mixture to a boil. Add in some dark soy sauce, and boil till it has reduced and thickened. (Cornstarch or flour may be used to thicken; use sparingly.)
- Once vegetables and glaze are ready, mix them together, and add in the chicken. Put in a clean, new foil, and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Click thumbnail to view full-size