One of Susan's passions is cooking and creating new recipes for family and friends.
You Don't Have to Spend A Lot For a Tasty Steak
Have a hankering for a steak but just cannot bring yourself to pay the high cost of a good T-Bone, porterhouse, or even sirloin? Most people do not believe me when I tell them that I can make a blade steak that will be tender and flavorful.
Blade, Chuck, and Shoulder Steak Are All the Same
Cook Times Will Vary Depending on Thickness and How You Like Your Meat Cooked
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Will depend on how much steak you cook
- 2-3 pounds of Blade steak
- 10 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 10 shakes or to taste Garlic Powder or Granulated Garlic
- 10 shakes or to taste Montreal Steak Seasoning
- If the blade steak is fairly thick, pound it with a meat mallet on both sides. If the steak is not that thick, just place in a dish, and stab it all over with a sharp knife. (This is a great way to get out your aggressions while cooking.)
- Put the steak into a glass dish or a marinating tray, and stab with a sharp knife all over.
- Douse the steak with Worcestershire sauce so that it is soaked. Season with garlic powder or granulated garlic and Montreal steak seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- When you are ready to cook, either fire up the grill or preheat the broiler in your oven. If you are going to broil, use the top rack in your oven.
- I prefer my meat rare and find that with this cut of meat, the more you cook it, the tougher it will become. I tend to serve this rare to medium-rare.
Cooking Chart for Steak
|Steak Time||Cook time-On the Grill/Minutes||Cook time-Under the Broiler|
3/4" well done
1" well done
1 1/4" rare
1 1/4" medium
1 1/4" well done
1 1/2" rare
1 1/2" medium
1/ 1/2" well done
1 3/4" rare
1 3/4" medium
1 3/4" well done
Read More From Delishably
- 1 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large onion sliced
- 12 mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced razor thin
- (like in the movie Goodfellas)
- 1 TBS. vegetable or cooking oil
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onions sauté for a couple of minutes. Add green pepper chunks and garlic cloves stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are cooked to your liking.
- Serve on top of the steak.
Serve with a baked potato, Caesar or garden salad, and vegetables of your choice.
Questions & Answers
Question: I have blade steak strips. How long would you grill? I am thinking 2-4 minutes.
Answer: It all depends on how thick the blade steak strips are.
© 2011 Susan Zutautas