Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan Picture
Chicken Parmesan: Quick and Easy!
If you would like to whip up a homemade meal, chicken Parmesan is a quick and easy recipe that is simple to make and tastes great. It is an Italian favorite!
If you have chicken breasts and you are wondering what to make with them, this is a great option.
Pair it with a side salad, garlic bread, or cheese sticks, and you have got a great homemade meal that you can make in a little over an hour.
Your children will be asking for seconds.
Chicken Parmesan With Laura Vitale
Chicken Parmesan Recipe Rating
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups (divided) Parmesan, Grated
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 1 egg, wisked
- 2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
Instructions For Making Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gather cutting board, knife, 2 medium-sized bowls, a fork and a 2-quart casserole dish or pan. Also, gather ingredients above.
- Crack an egg open and place the it into one of the bowls. Wisk the egg until the yolk and white have blended together. The egg mixture will help the bread crumbs to hold on to the chicken strips.
- In the second bowl, mix 1 cup bread crumbs with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Cut 2 chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and dip them into the egg yolk one at a time, then dip them into the bread/cheese mixture one at a time. Place the chicken strips into a greased (with olive oil) casserole dish or pan. Do not layer. You want the chicken strips to brown, so you will need a little room between each. Spray the tops of the chicken strips with olive oil or another cooking spray. The oil will help the chicken strips to brown nicely.
- Place the pan of breaded chicken strips into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Check to see if the chicken strips are turning brown. The smaller you cut the chicken strips, the less time they will need to bake.
- Mix 4 cups of spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce and one cup of water together to thin the sauce.
- Once the breaded chicken strips are lightly browned, pour the spaghetti or tomato sauce with water over the chicken strips. Sprinkle 2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of parmesan cheese over the chicken strips and sauce. The cheesier, the better I say!
- Place the chicken back into the oven for another 15 minutes or so until the cheese has melted, the sauce is bubbly and the cheese on top is at a desired color (light brown).
- While the chicken is baking, boil spaghetti noodles or your desired pasta noodle until al dente (follow the instructions on the back of the pasta noodle box).
- Once everything is done, strain the noodles and place them on serving dishes. Spoon out some of the chicken and sauce combination and place on the noodles.
- Let it cool for a minute, serve and enjoy! Look for side dish ideas below.
Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese Make Up The Breading
Egg Mixture And Bread Crumb Mix For Breading The Chicken
Chicken Pieces Are Ready To Be Baked
Baked Chicken With Breading
Chicken, Tomato Sauce And Cheese
Great Sides For Chicken Parmesan
With chicken Parmesan, you have tons of options for side dishes. This is a very cheesy dish, so anything that complements Italian cheese would be a good side dish.
You could either make a salad, garlic bread or fried mozzarella cheese sticks. Make a pasta e fagioli soup for the side dish. I normally make a side salad with just cucumbers, tomatoes and kalamata olives with a splash of Italian salad dressing and sometimes a few crumbles of feta cheese on top. My kids love this salad. It is a salad without lettuce!
Have cheese, crackers and Genoa salami as an appetizer with kalamata olives on the side.
For adults, pair it with a nice wine. It could either be an elegant meal or a tasty family dish!