Cooking Lamb Chops and Cauliflower Cheese Recipes
How to Cook Lamb Chops in the Oven
If you want to make a delicious meal with lamb chops I include recipes for roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese and other side dishes.
This meal only only takes fifty minutes to prepare and cook.
Preparation and Cooking Time
- Preparation of Lamb chops - 2 minutes
- Cooking time - 50 mins
- Preparation time of roast potatoes, cauliflower and other vegetables - 20 mins
- The potatoes for the roast and other veg are prepared as the lamb chops cook in the oven. Therefore the whole dish takes 50 mins to prepare and cook.
Ingredients - Dinner for two People
- 4 medium Lamb Chops
- Three medium potatoes, for roast
- Two small potatoes, for mash
- Half cauliflower, Cut in to small pieces
- Half Cabbage, Cut in to small pieces
- 6 large sprouts, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Grated cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Bisto gravy powder
- 2 teaspoons Mint sauce
- Preheat oven on the highest setting for 10 minutes.
- Wash the chops under the tap.
- Place in a suitable sized oven dish.
- Add enough water to come up three quarters the way up to the chops.
- Place in the highest part of the oven at 180 degrees.
- After twenty minutes remove the cutlets from the oven and turn around in the dish.
- Place them back in the oven for a further twenty minutes.
- Remove the chops from the oven. Take out a few table spoons of the juice surrounding the meat for your gravy.
- Leave for five minutes. This allows the flavour to settle.
- Put back in the oven to heat a few minutes before you dish up the dinner.
Roast Potatoes and Cauliflower Cheese
- Cut up the potatoes the size you prefer your roast to be.
- Place in a roasting dish with a small amount of oil
- Put in the oven on the top shelf at the same time as the lamb chops
- Cut up the cauliflower in small pieces and add to an oven dish
- Add a small amount of milk, making sure to wet the cauliflower as you pour it.
- The milk should only be three quarters way up.
- Add the grated cheese on top of the cauliflower
- The amount of cheese and milk depends on your taste.
- Once you have cooked cauliflower cheese a few times you will know how much cheese topping you and your family prefer
- Put the dish in the oven, middle shelf, fifteen minutes after you put in the lamb chops and roast potatoes.
Cauliflower Cheese with Jamie Oliver
How To Prepare and Cook the Vegetables
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut up the potatoes into small pieces and wash under the tap.
- Put in a small saucepan in water.
- Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts.
- Cut the hard end off.
- If they are large sprouts you can cut them in half.
- Wash under the tap and put in a medium saucepan in water.
- Cut up the cabbage in to quarters for easy use.
- Then slice the cabbage leaves into smaller pieces.
- Put in a medium sized pot and wash thoroughly under the tap.
The potatoes, sprouts and cabbage should be placed on the cooker thirty minutes before the lamb chops and roast are ready.
If you want to speed this up you can add boiling water to the pans and the cooking time is five minutes less.
The cabbage and potatoes only take twenty minutes to cook.
How to Make Gravy, Kind of!
Some prefer gravy with the lamb chops and other like mint sauce.
I actually have both and add the mint sauce to my gravy on the plate. Give it a try, it is a very unique taste and really enhances the taste of the lamb chop.
Instructions for Making Gravy
Take a medium sized pot and add the following:
- Half the amount of water from the pot where the cabbage is cooking.
- Wait until the cabbage has been cooking for about ten minutes so that you will have the flavour and the nutrients in the water.
- Replace the cabbage pot with more boiling water.
- The meat juices you removed from the dish with the lamb chops in.
- Put about four tablespoons of cold water into a cup and add two tablespoons of the gravy powder.
- Mix very well with a wooden or plastic spoon until all the powder has dissolved into the water.
- If it is too thick add more water. Make sure all the lumps are gone
- Now comes the part where you have to concentrate if this is the first time you have made gravy like this.
- Bring the water to the boil in the pot and start to stir in the mixed gravy powder at a continuous level and speed.
- Do this until all the powder is gone or if the gravy in the pot is getting too thick.
Dish up this oven cooked dish of Lamb chops with roast potatoes and vegetables.
- Remove the food from the cooker as everything should be cooked at the same time.
- Drain the cabbage, sprouts and potatoes of water.
- At this stage if you wish you can add salt or butter.
- Cover with a lid to keep warm as you remove the roast potatoes, lamb chops and cauliflower cheese from the oven.
- Dish up this delicious lamb chop dinner and enjoy!
In the UK lamb chops and cutlets are quite expensive. I always look out in the stores and supermarkets until they are on special offer.
That way I can buy them when they are cheap and freeze them. Then if the money allows I buy enough for a few dinners.
Freeze Very Well
This recipe includes a full dinner of oven cooked lamb, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, cabbage and sprouts.
I also added gravy and mint sauce