Ashly shares food made with LOVE! A self-taught mom chef of three boys, she comes from a long line of amazing homemakers with food flair!
Less Planning Means More Enjoying
If you are a busy mom like me, easy, homemade dinners that don't require a lot of planning or hard work—but still taste great and appeal to picky eaters—are always a winner. I love having a dinner that is a quick go-to when I have done little to no planning.
Don't get me wrong, I love to show off my mommy chef skills and make a dish that has the room murmuring "mmmmmnn" with every bite. But, once in a while the go-getters need a break, too. This dinner is for you!
Packed with a delicious blend of savory flavors, tossed on a sheet pan, and roasted, this dinner features a protein and vegetables all in one dish. A huge thank you to my mother who has shared so many delicious recipes with me over the years, and who taught me every day me how to be a better mom chef.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings (double the recipe to feed more)
- 1 whole white potato
- 1 whole sweet potato or yam
- 1 cup baby carrots or chopped large carrots
- 1 cup green beans or asparagus (or both!)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 whole sweet red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Vadalia onion, sliced
- 1 package kielbasa or any fully cooked sausage
- 2 teaspoons rosemary or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop all veggies and sausage into bite-size chunks.
- Set sweet pepper aside.
- Place the rest of the veggies in a large bowl with seasonings and oil. Toss to coat.
- Place veggies on a cookie sheet. Try to leave any remaining oil in the bowl and toss sweet peppers in that. Set aside.
- Bake veggies and sausage mix for about 10 minutes.
- Give mixture a flip and add the sweet peppers.
- When you toss after the 10 minutes of baking, the sausage flavors will get distributed throughout the rest of the veggies. This adds to the salt and oil content of your dish.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until everything begins to brown. This beautiful browning means your dish is done! By this time your stomach should be rumbling at the delicious aroma filling your home!
- You may serve with bread or over buttered pasta or eat as is. Dig in and enjoy!