Salmon Salad Spread With Crackers
Tuna Salad? Try Salmon Salad, Instead!
Every once in a while, when my hubby is feeling under the weather, he likes to eat something mild. Many times, his food of choice ends up being a tuna-based spread, but today, I had some canned salmon to use.
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 sweet peppers, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup pickle, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 queen olives, diced
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 (7-ounce) cans salmon, drained
- crackers, for serving
- Open the cans of salmon and drain the brine. Break up the salmon chunks into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl with lid, mix the cut vegetables. Add a little Miracle Whip and a dash of lemon juice. Mix until well coated.
- Add your drained salmon and add a layer of Miracle Whip. Gently fold the vegetable mixture around the salmon until the salmon is coated with Miracle Whip, as well. You may need to add a little more Miracle Whip.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and a small amount of dill weed.
- Spread a tablespoonful of salmon salad on a cracker and eat. This salad is good on bagels, too!