How to Make Seafood Pasta
I came up with this recipe when I was looking for something to make for dinner. I had a number of leftover ingredients from other recipes, so I laid everything out on the counter and said, let's make a meal. I figured there were only two possible outcomes: either it would turn out ok . . . or it would be really gross!
I've watched a lot of Good Eats, and I've made a ton of the recipes from that show, so I figured I'd do ok creating a meal with what I had. To my surprise, it came out great!
This meal is delicious by itself, but it's even better with cornbread stuffing. If you're looking for something a little lighter, you could pair it with either cornbread or butter bread.
- 1 cup bay scallops
- 1 pack soba noodles
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 slice onion, chopped
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cook the soba noodles (follow package instructions). When noodles are done, drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, add butter to a pan on low heat and cook the scallops for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and seasonings to the pan. Turn the heat to medium for 3 more minutes. Cook until scallops and vegetables are tender.
- Add scallop mixture to the pot of drained soba noodles.
- Add lemon juice to the pot. Turn heat to low and slowly add milk, a little at a time. Do the same with the sour cream. Cook until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Once creamy, remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Enjoy as is or pair with butter bread, cornbread, or cornbread stuffing. I ate mine with 2 pieces of toasted butter bread.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Jasmine Kennon