This is one of my wife's favorite date night dinners. It turns a simple dinner at home into a seaside treat,
A Vacation to Greece
This meal feels like a vacation in Greece—it's the perfect blend of grilled shrimp, lemon, seasonings, mushrooms and pita bread.
This recipe is quick and easy enough to whip up for a simple weeknight dinner or a last-minute date night. Speaking of date night, this dish happens to be a personal favorite of my wife's.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick (or about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 pitas, warmed
- Preheat your griller or broiler.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, zucchini, and red onions. Gently toss until coated.
- Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Afterward start to place the mushrooms, vegetables, and shrimp on a grilling rack or the rack in a broiler pan. Keep it about 6 inches from the heat.
- Cook for 8 minutes, occasionally brushing it with the leftover marinade.
- Once everything is cooked, serve it with plain pita bread. Our favourite way to serve it is to put plain Greek yogurt and chopped cucumber on the pita before placing the rest.
© 2021 David Young