Kayla is a mom of three, taking life one adventure at a time. Kayla has her BA in Psychology. She enjoys reading and traveling.
Warm Chicken Pot Pie
Everyone in my house loves this quick and easy chicken pot pie recipe! I like to use pre-cooked ingredients to cut the baking time in half. This is a great recipe for busy moms who are always on the go but want a good home-cooked meal for their family. After trying it out once, it quickly became a family favorite, and best of all, it was so quick and easy to make, making mommy very happy!
The last time I made this, I used frozen chicken breast (who among us can remember to remove things from the freezer in time?). Boiling the chicken is a fast and easy way to thaw the chicken and get it prepared for the pie.
Also, remember to leave the pie crust out of the fridge to become room temperature. You can do this while the chicken is boiling—it's plenty of time for the crust. I purchased the two-pack of pie crust from Pillsbury. You can use any kind you need—but make sure you get the two-pack, you'll need top and bottom crust.
During this time, put the frozen vegetables into a microwavable dish to thaw them out.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes after taking it out of the oven, and enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2.5 Boneless Chicken Breast cut into cubes
- 2 Pack Pie Crust
- 16oz Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 10.5 oz Cream Chicken Soup, (Add a little more if you'd like more gravy)
- 3/4 Cup Milk, (Add a little more if you'd like more gravy)
- Salt and Pepper to desired taste
- Garlic to desired taste
- Place pie crust onto the bottom of the pie pan.
- Cut chicken into small cubed pieces.
- Mix cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, garlic, milk, vegetables, and chicken in a mixing bowl. Make sure it is all evenly mixed together and coated evenly, then pour it into the pie crust.
- Add 2nd pie crust to the top of the pie. Make slits in top of the pie.
- Place in the oven. and don't forget to set the timer!