Sarah is a mom of five beautiful children. One of her passions is cooking simple and healthy meals her family will love.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes finding meals that everyone in our household will love can be challenging. My kids are not picky eaters; however, they all enjoy different foods. Some are more meat eaters, two are salad lovers, two love pasta and three don’t. This chicken souvlaki dinner is a hit in our house for all five of our children, which is a total mom-win for me! My children call it chicken on a stick, and I always have to make extra so they have leftovers for their school lunches the next day. I hope your family enjoys this easy recipe as much as mine does.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
12 to 18 skewers
Let’s Get Started
- 1 family pack boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2-3 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cutting knife
- Cutting board
- Garlic press (optional)
- Lemon juicer (optional)
- 12-18 bamboo skewers
Prep and Marinating Instructions
Marinate the Meat and Prep the Skewers
- Cut your chicken breasts into 1 1/2-to-2-inch cubes and place into mixing bowl.
- Add your olive oil to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 to 3 lemons into the bowl.
- Add the oregano and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add crushed garlic.
- Mix all the ingredients together until all of the chicken is coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 or more hours.
- While your chicken marinates, it’s a good idea to pre-soak your wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes before cooking with them.
Read More From Delishably
Are you a Garlic Lover Like Me?
Time to Grill
This is my favourite part! Follow these instructions once your chicken has finished marinating.
- Preheat grill or bbq to 400 degrees.
- Place 5 to 6 chicken cubes on each skewer.
- Place your souvlaki skewers on grill for 20 to 22 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times during cooking.
Viola, you're done! Serve your chicken souvlaki with a wedge of lemon or some yummy tzatziki sauce.
This is another very versatile dish and can be served with many side dishes. My family’s favourite sides include:
- Basmati Rice
- Lemon Greek Potatoes
- Carrots with Dill
- Grilled Tomatoes
- Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled Asparagus
- Greek or Cesar Salad
- Tzatziki Sauce
We hope you enjoy your meal! Comment or ask questions below.
Rate this Recipe
© 2018 Sarah Cook