Easy One-Dish Pork Chops With Scalloped Potatoes
Easy One-Dish Meal
Making an easy one-dish meal that the family enjoys certainly makes life easier on the cook. One-dish meals have the advantage of dirtying fewer dishes, and recipes can easily be adjusted to feed a larger group of people.
Over the years, I have tried various recipes for scalloped potatoes (cheesy scalloped potatoes are a family favorite), but I finally created some of my own simple recipes. In this recipe, I started with pork chops, trimmed away the excess fat, and then baked them on top of scalloped potatoes.
- 4 or 5 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 baking potatoes
- 1 can cream of celery soup, or cream of mushroom
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Light dash Nature's Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Peel and thinly slice the baking potatoes. Thinly slice one small onion, or use half of a larger one. Layer the potatoes and onions in a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream of celery soup and the milk. Add seasonings to taste. Pour this mixture over the potatoes.
- Trim the excess fat off of the pork chops. Lay the pork chops over the potatoes and season as desired.
- Bake uncovered in the oven.
|Serving size: 1 pork chop- 3/4 cup potatoes|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|Cholesterol 52 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
My Family Enjoyed This Meal
There are many excellent ways to eat baked pork chops, plus there are numerous scalloped potato recipes available. What I like about this recipe, however, is how quickly I'm able to prepare everything and have it in the oven.
The biggest task is preparing the potatoes. On the other hand, this recipe doesn't require any sauces, so the preparation time is reduced a bit. My family was happy with the results.