Cooking and gardening are just some of my hobbies; my passion is sharing my produce and knowledge with others.
Holidays can be stressful, especially if you are the one hosting and cooking the holiday meal. So why not take away some of the work and relieve some of that stress with this super easy turkey roast? Once you put the roast in the Crockpot and dump everything over top, your work is done, and the turkey will come out tender and juicy. No need to worry about basting or having enough space in your oven. Plus the turkey roast is boneless, so it's also easy to carve.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6 hours 10 min
Serves 3–4 people
Keep in Mind
Cooking times may vary. Usually cooks within 4–6 hours on low. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 boneless turkey roast, with white and dark meat, thawed
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsalmic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, unsweetened
Read More From Delishably
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat until melted and edges begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add rosemary and sage, stir and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Mix together salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Place roast in crock pot. Pour butter and herb mixture over the turkey so that it is completely covered. Sprinkle salt mixture over the roast.
- Mix together the whole cranberries, mustard, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Pour the cranberry mixture over the roast. Pour in the juice and cook on low 4-6 hours on low (I usually cook it on high the first two hours then turn it to low for two hours). Check to make sure turkey is at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the turkey roast rest for 15–20 minutes before carving. Before serving, drizzle the juices left in the crock pot over the carved turkey slices and enjoy.
© 2017 Mariah Fromme