Spicy Chicken Breast Recipe With Pepper Cheese Sauce
As an amateur chef, I enjoy trying out new ways to prepare meals. I also try to find ways to reduce the time it takes to make complex meals, either by implementing ready-made ingredients or by simplifying the recipe.
This spicy chicken recipe with pepper sauce is moderately hard to make but well worth the time. If you are confident in the kitchen, you should be able to do it all at the same time by starting with the chicken and vegetables, then getting the rice going, and starting the pepper cheese sauce. You can also start by making the cheese sauce, finishing it, and then do the rice and vegetables.
If you don't like rice, you can also use potatoes as they go just as well with the chicken and sauce. You can also keep the sauce separate instead of mixing it with the chicken.
In any case, you should end up with a delicious and somewhat healthy meal for 2-3 people. If you want to make a larger meal, it is simple enough to double the recipe; you only need to have a large enough baking dish.
How Do You Like This Chicken Recipe
Complete List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- one pepper cheese, 250 gr
- Three precooked chicken, spicy
- 2-3 carrots, chopped into this slices
- 1 head brocolli, chopped into small parts
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
Step One: Getting the Vegetables and Chicken Started
- Start by chopping the broccoli and carrots into small bits. Remember to always clean vegetables before eating them.
- Next, place the pre-cooked chicken with the carrots and broccoli into a baking dish. You can either pre-cook the chicken yourself or buy some from your convenience store. I recommend using chicken with Tikka Masala seasoning.
- After that, you want to get your rice going. Place two cups of rice in a pot and add 4 cups of water in it. Add to the rice a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of butter. Heat the rice to a simmer and then drop the heat down for a few minutes with the lid on. When the rice rises above the water, you can turn the heat off and let it stay again for a few minutes. If you prefer potatoes, then this is also the time to start them.
- When this is completed, you can start making the pepper cheese sauce, which is the most complex part of this recipe.
Step Two: Making the Pepper Cheese Sauce
- Start by chopping the pepper cheese into smaller bits. Try to get them no bigger than your thumbnail. When done, place them in a pot.
- Pour the 1/2 cup milk and the cup cream into the pot.
- Start heating this mixture at a medium-low setting. Stir constantly as It is important to not burn the cream mixture while is heating. This is the hard part as it requires a measure of patience and precision to get right. Too much heat and the mixture will burn, leaving a bad taste. Too little heat and the cheese won't melt properly, leaving clumps at the bottom.
- Continue stirring at a medium-low temperature until all the cheese has melted and you have a creamy sauce ideally without any clumps.
Step Three: Putting It All Together
- Now that the pepper cheese sauce is ready, you can go ahead and pour it over the baking dish with the chicken, broccoli and carrots. Be careful to spread the sauce evenly over the baking dish. You can also keep the sauce separate, but then you need to pour a little oil over the vegetables and chicken before placing it in the oven.
- Next, you need to place the baking dish in a preheated oven at 150°C for about 15 minutes to re-heat the chicken and bake the broccoli and carrots, at which point the dish should be ready.
So there you have it. A delicious spicy chicken with vegetables and pepper cheese sauce. If you enjoyed this spicy chicken recipe then remember to bookmark it for future reference and why not also share it with your friends and family.
© 2018 Kristjan Matthiasson