Sakina is an Indian who loves Indian street food and also spends her time occasionally cooking snacks of different cuisines.
Noodles Are a Loved Snack
We all know that children love eating noodles. It is their favorite snack. Also, they love chicken nuggets and fried potatoes, better known as French fries. Well, who doesn't?
In this recipe, I have included vegetables, chicken nuggets, and curly fries for a twist. Instead of curly fries, you can use French fries too.
You can also include vegetables other than those mentioned. Most kids don't eat veggies. You can add them to the hakka noodles whole-heartedly. Your kids will be so busy eating that they won't even notice what all is there!
Do you love noodles? What about spices? Well, blend these together accompanied by fresh veggies, chicken nuggets, and curly fries. What do we have? A recipe to love! What are you waiting for? Read on to make this recipe right away.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves five people five bowls of noodles.
- 5 Packets of Noodles, Of your Choice
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Ground
- A Small Piece of Ginger, Ground
- 5 Medium Indian Green Chillies, Ground
- 1 Large Carrot, Shredded/Cut into Thin Slices
- A Handful of Corn Kernels
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 Medium Spring onions, Chop Only the Green Part
- 2 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 8 Pieces Chicken nuggets, Fried
- 2–3 Handfuls of Curly French Fries
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A Pinch of Red Chilly Powder, For Color
- Salt, According to your Taste
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Coriander/Cilantro Leaves, For Garnishing
- Half Lemon, Squeezed (For Tangy Flavor)
Cooking Instructions (Short)
- Boil noodles and strain them. Keep them aside.
- Grind ginger, garlic, chillies, and a little salt together in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Then add onions and ginger-garlic-chili paste, and saute.
- Add spring onions and saute till onion becomes light brown.
- Add the seasonings provided in the noodle packets, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder. Stir well.
- Add carrots and corn. Let them cook. Then add tomatoes and let them cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce and tomato ketchup. Stir it for a minute and switch off the gas.
- Squeeze half a lemon on top of this mixture and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Add the boiled noodles, chicken nuggets, and curly fries to this and mix well.
- Serve hot.
1. Boil water. Add the noodles to this hot water, which will help in faster boiling. Once they are done (soft when you touch), keep them aside for straining.
2. Fry eight pieces (you can include more, if you want to) of chicken nuggets and a small bowl of curly/regular French fries. You can check whether they are done by cutting a piece. If it cuts through easily, it means it's properly fried.
Read More From Delishably
3. In a mortar and pestle, add five green chillies (you can add more if you want more spicy flavor), a small piece of ginger and four cloves of garlic. Add a little salt and cumin seeds (optional, you can add them later too) and grind everything together.
4. In a pan, take 3–4 tbsp of oil and heat it. Check if it's done by placing a piece of onion; if it sizzles, it means the oil is hot enough. Add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic-chilly paste and saute.
5. Add spring onions (ensure that you have chopped only the green part) and saute till onion turns from light purple to light brown.
6. Add the seasonings (if provided) in the noodle packets, salt (accordingly as you have already added while grinding), turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilly powder (optional, for color). Stir everything well.
7. Add shredded carrots and a handful of corn kernels. Let the mixture cook until carrots turn a little soft.
8. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2–3 minutes.
9. Add soya sauce and tomato ketchup and stir for a minute. Switch off the gas after this.
Repeat: Switch off the gas after adding soya sauce and tomato ketchup.
10. Squeeze half a lemon on top of this mixture and garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves. Your thick vegetable sauce is ready now.
11. Add the boiled noodles, chicken nuggets and curly fries to this thick vegetable sauce and mix everything well. Serve hot. Your spicy hakka noodles (check image at the top) are now ready to be eaten. Enjoy the abundant flavors!
Your Feedback will be Appreciated
© 2017 Sakina Nasir