To become a good cook, you must know which herbs and spices go together to create tasty dishes. Experiment and enjoy!
How to Make a Baked Shrimp "Boil"
Instead of doing a shrimp boil, we are going to fine-tune this recipe just a little bit. I'm not knocking the boiling method—it's a Southern classic for a reason—but I find that sauteing the sausage and shrimp separately instead of boiling them with the potatoes and corn enhances the flavors a little more. You're looking to combine all of the natural juices in this recipe.
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound baby potatoes cut in half, yellow and/or red mix them if you like
- 3 ears corn cob, each cut crossways 6 pieces
- 1 ring or package sausage ( your choice), 1-inch thick slices
- 1 stick butter, using through out the recipe
- 2 Knorr bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning, garlic flavored
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ceyenne pepper, if you like spicy hot
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, if you like spicy hot
- 1/2 onion, sliced small
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a large pot, boil approximately 8 cups water.
- Add bouillon cube and potatoes. Boil for 8 minutes, and then add corn and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Check the potatoes for tenderness. If they are still a little hard, continue to boil for another 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and pour potatoes and corn into a large pan.
- Saute the sausage and onions in 3 tablespoons of butter till slightly brown. Pour into pan with potatoes and corn.
- Saute the shrimp in 3 tablespoons of butter till pink. Add bay seasoning and garlic. Pour into pan with potatoes and corn.
- Add all the seasonings. Mix everything together.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes—just enough for everything to warm up together.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Questions & Answers
Question: What temperature do you bake a spicy shrimp, corn, sausage, and potato recipe on for 15min?
Answer: 375 degrees. Just enough to warm it all.
Question: What flavor of bouillon do you use for the spicy shrimp, corn, sausage, and potatoes?
Answer: Chicken flavored bouillon.
© 2017 Ramona