Steak and Chicken Kabobs
Fire up the grill because summer isn’t over yet! This recipe makes around 20 kabobs depending on how much you put on each skewer. These kabobs are a great idea for a backyard barbecue party, and they pair well with corn on the cob or a side salad.
I made this recipe with my parents when they came over to grill, and the kabobs were amazing. We ended up making them again the next day because they are just that good.
This recipe calls for zucchini, mushrooms, and pineapple, but you could also add cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, bell peppers, and onions, among others.
- 1 flat iron steak, cut into cubes
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 small container mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can pineapple chunks (or 1 fresh pineapple if in season)
- 1 (5oz) packet Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon marinade
- 1 (5oz) packet Grill Mates 7 Spice Teriyaki marinade
- Place the cubed iron steak in a large bowl and pour in the brown sugar bourbon marinade. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the cubed chicken in a second large bowl and pour in the 7 spice teriyaki marinade. Mix well and place both bowls covered in the fridge and let sit for 30 minutes or longer.
- After the meat has had time to marinate, divide the sliced zucchini, washed mushrooms and pineapple chunks in separate bowls. Lay down a sheet of wax paper or aluminum foil on a large flat cookie sheet. Start to assemble the kabobs on the skewers. You can do these however you want, steak, pineapple, chicken, zucchini, more steak, it’s really up to what you want to do here. Let your imagination run.
- After the kabobs are all made up, or during if you have someone else to start the grill, you’ll need to fire up the grill. While the grill is heating up, you can take the leftover marinade from both meats and combine, or if you prefer leave them separate. You will need the leftover marinade in the next step.
- Place the kabobs directly on the grill and close the lid. Let it cook for about 5 minutes and flip the kabobs. At this time you’ll use the marinades and brush them on the kabobs and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Flip them again and let them cook for the last 5 minutes. Take them off the grill and put them onto a platter and let your guests enjoy!