Stuffed Acorn Squash With Cauliflower Rice and Beef Recipe
Unsure about what to do with an autumn acorn squash? Looking to switch up your traditional stuffed pepper recipe? Try this healthy comfort food to fill your stomach and lean your waistline.
Stuffed Acorn Squash Stuffed with Cauliflower Rice and Beef
- 1 lb ground beef, (grassfed, if possible)
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tbs spicy seasoning
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Bake acorn squash face down on baking sheet or in baking dish at 400 degrees for 30 mins. If not done, cook longer, checking regularly. Squash is done when skin is soft, and gives way to a fork. Be careful, it will be very hot.
- While squash is baking, wash and cut up cauliflower. Place cauliflower in food processor (or Vita-mix, using wet chop method) and “rice” cauliflower. Cauliflower should resemble white rice when complete. Cauliflower "rice" is a fantastic substitute and can be used in a number of dishes.
- Brown ground beef, do not over cook! Mix in spicy seasoning.
- After beef is nearly browned, saute cauliflower in pan with oil of choice, adding sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- When squash is done, scoop out seeds and pulp with a large spoon. Replace with beef and “rice” mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 10-20 mins.