The Best Bourbon-Glazed Salmon Ever!
This recipe was given to me by a friend a year ago and has become a staple in our home. It's super easy to throw together and full of flavor. Our daughter loves it so much, she often makes it for herself several times a week when she isn't fond of whatever it is I'm making that night... can you say picky? My favorite way to serve this dish is with roasted potatoes and sautéed baby peas with bacon and shallots for a savory twist.
- 1 Lb salmon fillet
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 3 T bourbon (or orange juice)
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 t ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 t salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a ziplock bag and marinate for 30 minutes. Turn over once while marinating. (Do not over marinate or fish will be mushy.)
- Set oven to 425. Line a broiler pan with tinfoil.
- Remove salmon fillets and place on top of foil. Discard liquid.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until desired doneness. Baking for 20 minutes will give you a well-done fillet as long as it's not too thick.