Thomas is an award-winning chef known for his barbecue and chili. In 1998, he was named the third-best chef in Florida.
Best Cheeseburger Recipe
If you're a fan of ground beef and ground beef recipes, then you'll just love what I have for you.
It's truly the best cheeseburger that you'll ever eat. I mean, if you look at the photo above, I guarantee you that you'll start to drool. And, yes, it is messy. You're going to need lots of napkins.
I made these cheeseburgers for parties for years while working as a chef, and people almost always said that they were the best cheeseburgers they had ever tasted.
If you'll follow the recipes carefully, you'll find yourself with the best-tasting cheeseburger that you'll ever have in your life. I really don't think anyone makes a better one.
Recipe for the Best Cheeseburger Ever
What a lot of people fail to understand is that ground beef doesn't have to be boring. Most ground beef recipes leave a lot to be desired, but I promise you that this one doesn't.
If you make this and the home-cut french fries below, you'll have one of the best meals you'll ever eat.
- 2 lbs regular hamburger (the cheapest hamburger is the best)
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup purple sweet onion diced very fine
- 1/4 cup Kraft Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix those five ingredients together in a bowl and mix very well.
- Put plastic wrap on the bowl and set it in the refrigerator for at least two hours. All night is okay.
- The next day, take your mixed-up hamburger meat out of the refrigerator and make it into hamburger patties.
- Each patty should weigh about four ounces and you want to press them together tightly.
- Once you have the grill hot and the burgers ready, go ahead and put the burgers on the grill.
Cheaper Is Better in This Case
Believe it or not, the cheaper hamburger makes juicier hamburgers. The leaner, more expensive types of ground beef will never be able to match the cheaper hamburger for taste. No, not ever.
When you're making things like the cheeseburger recipe here, always go for the cheaper hamburger and you'll be rewarded with wonderful flavors that you would never get with ground round or even ground chuck.
The truth is that the flavor is in the fat and the cheaper ground beef has the most fat and the most flavor.
- Ripe tomatoes sliced in thin slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Dill pickle chips
- Real cheddar cheese slices
The photo above is of a double cheeseburger, but that is too much meat for some people. Ask them as you put them together if they want one hamburger patty or two.
Melt your slices of real cheddar cheese on top of each hamburger patty. Remember they already have the shredded Monterrey Jack cheese inside the hamburger patties.
About the Buns
Sesame seed buns are the best buns for cheeseburgers or hamburgers. When you get ready to put your cheeseburgers together, brush melted butter on your buns and toast them golden brown first.
Put your lettuce leaves, tomato, and dill pickle chips on the bottom of the bun. A spoonful of the secret sauce goes on top of that, then either one or two hamburger patties with melted cheddar cheese on top of each hamburger patty, and then the top of the bun goes on top of that.
Secret Sauce Recipe
These cheeseburgers are moist, flavorful and delicious. The secret sauce is pink and you can see it there in the photo above dripping out of the cheeseburger.
The sauce makes the average burger or cheeseburger into something special that you'll never forget and it's really easy to make.
Yes, I'm going to share the secret sauce with you so you can get addicted to it too. For the last four days, I've been making cheeseburger after cheeseburger just so I could put the secret sauce on them.
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Put all of these ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together. It's important that all of your ingredients get mixed together very well. You'll want to chill your secret sauce covered in the refrigerator. It tastes better on your cheeseburgers that way.
And you may not believe me but this sauce is wonderful. It gives a taste to your cheeseburger or burger that you won't soon forget.
Homemade French Fries
You need one of the home deep fryers with a basket or two baskets in it to make these wonderful french fries.
- Your oil needs to be at about 350 degrees when you get ready to cook your french fries.
- What I suggest you do is buy a bag of the larger potatoes and pour them out in your sink.
- Wash the potatoes off well and lay them out on paper towels and let them dry.
- For the best taste leave the peels on your potatoes.
- Cut your potatoes up in a large bowl and try to make them all about the size of your little finger and about twice as long.
- Fry them a batch at a time. If you have one, pour the fries out in a large metal pan with a rack in it so you can keep the fries in the oven at about 200 degrees until you're ready to serve them.
- Be sure that you fry your potatoes until they are golden brown and crisp.
- You'll want to have a shaker of Lawry's seasoning salt so you can shake some on each batch of fries as you add them to the holding pan where you're pouring them.
French fries made this way are a lot better than any you will buy already made in frozen bags from the supermarket.
Thanks for reading! I hope you get to make these wonderful cheeseburgers real soon. Don't forget the homemade french fries! They are also wonderful.