How to Make the Perfect Roast in a Crock-Pot
The Easiest Roast You Will Ever Make
Even if you're the farthest thing from a cook, this roast recipe can't be messed up. We love making it because it's simple and great for crowds or Sunday dinners. If you want to look like a more advanced chef, this dish is a great one to showcase!
Add your choice of sides and a great bottle of wine to put together a delicious meal that seems fancier and more complicated than it actually is.
Rate this recipe
- 1 large crock-pot
- 2.5-3 lb boneless beef chuck roast, frozen or thawed
- 1 pack dry brown gravy mix
- 1/2 pack dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the roast in your slow cooker.
- Combine the packets of dry gravy and ranch dressing in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the roast.
- Pour the water around the meat, making sure not to pour it on top.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours.
- When the time is up, slice the roast and serve. Bon appetit!
Tips and Tricks
- Prep this meal the night before so you can have a yummy dinner after a long day. We always have this dish cooking while we are off working.
- Pair the roast with homemade red-skinned mashed potatoes, sauteed veggies, or baked asparagus.
- Buy the dry mixes at Aldi. They're cheaper there than at big grocery stores.
- I've made this over 20 times, and it's always perfect. Don't be tempted to add more water. The steam created by the covered crock-pot makes it perfectly moist.
- Make extra gravy to top off the roast or potatoes.
- If you have leftovers, add the meat to a pack of beef gravy and serve it over egg noodles to quickly make beef stroganoff. With a few sides like salad and mashed potatoes, you can have another meal! You can also freeze the leftovers and eat it another week when you're short on time!
Questions & Answers
© 2013 Rebecca