Trifecta Pork Meatloaf Recipe With 3 Different Kinds of Pork
This spin on the traditional meatloaf takes us to a pork lover's paradise. Not for the weak of heart, this is by far a decadent meat treat for special occasions.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 pound bratwurst, removed from casings
- 8-10 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 cup bread crumbs, panko, Italian-seasoned
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Mince the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter, then onion, and saute until you see some brown bits on the onion. Add the garlic and saute no more than a minute. Remove from the heat and add the parsley and thyme. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs in an extra-large bowl. Add the sour cream and beat the lumps out. Add in the ground pork and bratwurst (remove from casings).
- Add Dijon, Worcestershire, onion mix, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix by hand until well-combined.
- On a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, form a loaf of the pork mixture. Layer the bacon over the top of the loaf, in the pattern of your choice, and load that sucker in the oven for an hour to become amazing.
Questions & Answers
What oven temperature is needed for this meatloaf recipe?
It is 350F. Thanks for pointing out this lack of information. I have updated the recipe.