Trifecta Pork Meatloaf
This spin on the traditional meatloaf takes us to a pork lover's paradise. Not for the weak of heart, this is by far a decadent meat treat for special occasions.
Triple Pork Meatloaf
- 2 lbs Ground Pork
- 1 lb Bratwurst, removed from casings
- 8-10 strips Bacon
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, Minced
- 3 large Garlic Gloves, Minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs, Panko, Italian Seasoned
- 2 large Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream, Beaten into egg
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Mince the onion, garlic, parsley(add thyme) in separate bowls. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter, then onion, and build some brown bits on the onion. Add the garlic and saute no more than a minute. Remove from the heat and add the parsley and thyme. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs in an extra large bowl. Add the sour cream and beat most of the lumps out. Put the ground pork and bratwurst (remove from casings) on top.
- Add dijon, worcestershire, onion mix, bread crumbs, salt, & pepper. Mix by hand until well combined.
- On a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, form a loaf from the pork mixture. Layer the bacon in the pattern of your choice and loaf that sucker in the oven to become amazing.