Three Tuna Sandwich Recipes
A sandwich is one of the easiest things to make for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a snack. There are various types of sandwiches—with meat, fish, or even vegetarian. Tuna sandwiches are one of the most popular. It is not only quick and tasty, but also has a lot of health benefits, especially for kids, as it contains over 300 milligrams (0.011 oz) of omega-3 fatty acids per serving.
Canned tuna first appeared at the beginning of the 20th century and quickly became popular. Tuna can be canned in water, brine, various oils, and/or sauces. According to Wikipedia, 52% of canned tuna in the United States is used for sandwiches.
In this article, I'd like to share three variants of tuna sandwich recipe. Try to make them all and choose what you like the best.
Tuna Sandwich Recipe #1 - Warm
- French baguette
- Cut onion. Mince garlic and mix it with mayonnaise.
- Cut French baguette on estimated portions (future sandwiches).
- Cut each sandwich lengthwise, 1/3 from the top, so that it has kind of a lid.
- Take the "lids" off and work with the bottom part. Spread mayonnaise with garlic on the sandwich, put salad leaves, onion, tuna, and spread mayonnaise on top of that once again. Then put cheese on top and cover with its top part.
- Put sandwich into the microwave for 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Tuna Sandwich Recipe # 2 - With Tomato and Egg
- Salad leaves
- A can of tuna
- Hard-boiled egg
- Cut the bread.
- Make sauce for the sandwich: mix mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard in equal proportions. Spread the sauce on the bread.
- Put salad leaves on top.
- Next level: round slices of tomato and a bit of salt, half moon onion and cucumber.
- Put tuna on top and add 2 teaspoons of sauce.
- On top of it add sliced eggs, mayonnaise, and salad leaf.
- Cover with another slice of bread and enjoy your sandwich!
Tuna Sandwich Recipe #3 - Fried On A Pan
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1/4 of glass of mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 celery (sliced)
- 2 spring onions (sliced)
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon of cut parsley
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, spring onion and parsley in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Take a slice of bread and put on it: tuna mix, a little bit of shredded cheese, tomatoes, and cheese once again (this time a bit more).
- Spread butter to another slice of bread and cover sandwich with it (with butter being on top).
- Heat the frying pan, put sandwich on it with butter side down. Spread butter to the top side as well.
- Fry sandwich until golden crust on both sides. Enjoy!
More by this Author
Learn how to make consistently perfect hard-boiled and soft-boiled eggs.
Check out best canned tuna recipes which you can use for variety of occasions and which are rather quick and easy to make. Use canned tuna for main dish, side dish, salad or snack.