Who doesn't like mom's cooking? I recreate my mom's best recipes and share them with you here.
Meatballs for Dinner
These meatballs are really good to make for dinner. You can have them with mashed potatoes and green beans, as seen in the photo below, or you can have them with anything else that you please.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 20 min
Serves 6 people
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 box stuffing
- 1 can chicken broth
- In a large skillet, melt the butter into a nice liquid.
- Add the diced onions and the celery to the butter. Then add the poultry seasoning. Mix this up really well and cook it all until everything is soft. You can also add salt and pepper, but that's really up to you.
- Add the stuffing mix and chicken broth to the skillet. Mix it all together, making sure to get all of the stuffing moist, and then remove the skillet from the burner. Let the mix cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the ground turkey, followed by the two whole eggs. Mix them both together before adding anything else.
- Now add the stuffing mixture from the skillet to the large bowl. Mix it all up as best as you can.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and shape it into a meatball, then place the meatball in the pan. Repeat this process until you run out of the mixture. You might have to use two pans.
- Bake the meatballs for about an hour at 375 degrees. You can check to make sure they are done by cutting one of them in half. There shouldn't be any pink inside.
- You can serve these with chicken gravy or turkey gravy, whichever you like better.